Dr. Brown Answers Your Questions

[Download MP3]

Is it ever right for Christians to take one another to court? What is the meaning of “word of wisdom” and “word of knowledge” in the New Testament? Is the church using modern explanations for homosexuality rather than biblical ones? Listen live here 2-4 pm EST, and call into the show at (866) 348 7884 with your questions and comments.

 

 

Hour 1:

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: There is turmoil around us. There is moral insanity around us, which means be sober, be vigilant, and keep your eyes fixed on the Lord.

Hour 2:

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: Righteousness shines! Righteousness cannot be defeated, and truth will never be overcome!

SPECIAL OFFER! THIS WEEK ONLY! 
This week, we’re offering two important resources from Dr. Brown, his brand new book, Can You Be Gay and Christian?, and his DVD debate with gay activist (and professing born-again Christian) Harry Knox. You can get both of these key resources for the super low price of just $25! Postage Paid! That’s a $15 savings!
Order Online!

Other Resources:

How to Test the Spirits

Cessationist Call-In Day

Dr. Brown Debates Homosexuality with Prof. John Corvino and Then Discusses Mean-Spirited Communication in the Body (and More)

572 Comments
  1. Greg,

    You wrote:
    “Seriously? No matter what the science says. No matter how much society changes. No matter what the best bible scholars of the day, say… the church can never, ever admit it was wrong?”

    No Greg, no matter what anybody says, science or society or apostate Bible scholars…the Bible says that it is wrong. We have nothing to admit. The society and science and Bible scholars need to admit that they are wrong and bow to YHWH and His completely true word. And you are so wrong about your supposed “best bible scholars”…they are apostates if they can find any way to justify any kind of homosex. It is the fringe liberal that claims to be a Bible scholar that would justify such a thing, not a true Bible scholar.

    You serve society and culture. It is your god. It is who you serve. For you to even post such blasphemy proves your real loyalty.

  2. Ray,

    >>How often do we hear about greed in the news?

    Every day! It’s the root of all evil, afterall! 😉

    Seriously, there isn’t a day goes by that some body hurts another person over a dollar.

    Most recently, we learned that GM caused a number of people to die because they didn’t want to spend the couple bucks per car to fix the deadly problem.

    Why don’t Christian conservative churches preach sermons on this?

    Because the current conservative political climate says greed is good and gays are bad.

  3. Bo,

    >>Greg, you and your church are directly disobedient to scripture and are helping others to stumble and maybe stumble right into hell.

    I am quite confident that not one single person has turned gay because of me!

    And, we would disagree about the scripture part.

  4. Greg,

    You have fallen hook, line and sinker for the apostasy of the last days. You justify those that are lovers of their own selves and are covetous and without natural affection and that are incontinent and traitors and that love pleasure more than YHWW. You have a form of godliness that denies the power of grace to heal a homosexual. We are commanded to turn away from you as far as considering you a brother…until you repent.

    2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
    5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
    7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
    8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

    You really need to wake up.

  5. Ray,

    >Greg, does homosexuality glorify God in any way?

    Does heterosexuality glorify God — even as practiced by Paris Hilton or Donald Sterling?

    I don’t think that sexual preference glorifies or defames God. Most people just like dudes or chicks.

    It’s _how_ you practice your sexuality that matters. Do you hurt people? Does it honor vows? Is it consensual? Does it provide a stable environment for children?

    THAT is what matters to God, I believe. I honestly don’t think he gets freaked out if the body parts don’t fit exactly as he designed them.

  6. Greg, what would you think if someone comes into your house, and does whatever they want, not listening to what you say at all? How would you feel?

    Isn’t that the way we should consider that God might feel?

    Homosexuality dishonors the body, as it dishonors God.

    If a man doesn’t like greed, how could he not dislike the gay agenda?

    If a man is for the things that honor God, how could he not dislike the gay agenda?

    If a man is for the kingdom of heaven, how could be for the gay agenda?

    If a man is for the gay agenda, how can he be for the kingdom of heaven which is against it?

  7. Greg,

    You wrote:
    “THAT is what matters to God, I believe. I honestly don’t think he gets freaked out if the body parts don’t fit exactly as he designed them.”

    No He doesn’t get freaked out…He is disgusted, that is what abomination means. He gets sad because He knows the deceived hearts that serve themselves instead of Him. He gets righteously angry at those that call themselves believers that stubbornly insist on rebellion.

  8. Well, we believe that the Catholic Church cannot be wrong about anything concerning faith and morals (i.e, that which is required for salvation). The Crusades and the Inquisition, these are complex issues. They were political situations and they had their historical context.

    In any event, don’t you believe that the Bible specifically condemns homosexuality? Does that mean anything to you, or do you believe that we have to re-interpret scripture? If so, why? Because we live in 2014?

  9. “Seriously, there isn’t a day goes by that some body hurts another person over a dollar.

    Most recently, we learned that GM caused a number of people to die because they didn’t want to spend the couple bucks per car to fix the deadly problem.

    Why don’t Christian conservative churches preach sermons on this?

    Because the current conservative political climate says greed is good and gays are bad.”

    How can you use the scripture to condemn greed and ignore homosexuality? It seems inconsistent to me. If we can’t understand the teaching Jesus gave on marriage then why should we think we can understand the Biblical teaching on greed? The reason for all the talk about homosexuality is that liberals keep pushing it. If there was agreement about the sinfulness of homosexuality conservative Christians would talk about it much less.

  10. Greg,

    I hear you do this all the time. You justify the sin of homosexuality by pointing to the sin of heterosexuals. How does that work exactly? Immorality only applies to heterosexuals? I was under the impression that sin is sin no matter who’s doing the sinning. My opinion is what it is “because” of what the Bible says about it. I don’t distort the truth of Scripture–you do. You’re the one speaking heresy and falsehoods and I have to agree that your total disregard for the absolute authority of Scripture may very well lead some people down a path to destruction by condoning their sin. Would you honestly tell someone that it’s okay for them to commit adultery, to steal, to lie, to cheat because God didn’t really mean what He said? That’s exactly what you want us to believe about the sin of homosexual sex. As of this generation, it’s no longer a sin. Let me reiterate what the Bible says about it for you:

    ESV Lev. 18:22
    You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

    Lev 18: 20 And you shall not lie sexually with your neighbor’s wife and so make yourself unclean with her. 21 You shall not give any of your children to offer them[b] to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord. 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. 23 And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion.

    24 “Do not make yourselves unclean by any of these things, for by all these the nations I am driving out before you have become unclean, 25 and the land became unclean, so that I punished its iniquity, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you shall keep my statutes and my rules and do none of these abominations, either the native or the stranger who sojourns among you 27 (for the people of the land, who were before you, did all of these abominations, so that the land became unclean), 28 lest the land vomit you out when you make it unclean, as it vomited out the nation that was before you. 29 For everyone who does any of these abominations, the persons who do them shall be cut off from among their people. 30 So keep my charge never to practice any of these abominable customs that were practiced before you, and never to make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.”

    Is it now okay to commit adultery with your neighbor?

    Is it now okay to offer our children up in a firey sacrifice to Molech?

    Is it now okay to lie with an animal?

    But somehow homosexuality escapes the injunction against what is an abomination to the Lord.

  11. Ray,

    >> Greg, are you for or against Christ?

    For Christ. And you?

    And, as a follower of Christ, I notice that he never condemned the gays like you guys do.

    Something to consider: if you doubt my salvation based on this rarely mentioned issue in the bible, you might consider whether you have added something extra to the salvation message.

  12. Sheila,

    None of those things are like homosexuality.

    The closest parallel to homosexuality is remarriage after divorce.

    Jesus clearly condemns it, yet, many churches allow it.

    Why? Because even some very conservative Christians understand that the nature of marriage and the role of women has so radically changed, it changes the moral implications of divorce.

    I’ve heard Dr. Brown give a nuanced, sensitive answer to a caller about this subject. He encouraged her to read the bible, listen to the Holy Spirit and decide for herself.

    But, he extends no such grace for homosexuality. He insists on the most literal, inflexible enforcement of a very small handful of verses, half which are disputed.

  13. 115 comments! And not all of them were about the gays!

    Feel free to respond to me but I am ready to move on to new issues and probably won’t check back here. I think we have pretty much talked this gay issue out, anyway.

    But, even though I asked him a couple of times, Bo wouldn’t say what church he belonged to.

    His silence raises more questions. Is he ashamed of his church? Has he been banned from church?

    People in even the oddest cults will usually admit they attend. Maybe it’s a church Dr. Brown has previously judged as in error.

  14. Greg,

    How about being truthful at least. When it is mentioned, it’s never casually. It’s always very strongly spoken against. Not just in the First Testament but in the New as well. Don’t kid yourself. You can’t mention other sins while leaving that one out is all I’m saying. It’s a forgivable sin just as all others are. The catch is that you can no longer practice it and be considered part of the body of Christ as He pointed out in 1 Cor. It was a capital offense which I’d say is pretty egregious:

    Lev 20:13

    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

    Prov 17:15

    Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent— the LORD detests them both.

    Jesus spoke out against adultery and you think He was for gay relationships?

    If you don’t mind, now that you’ve thoroughly stirred the pot you’re just going to walk away and let it burn? I have just one more question for you. What exactly does God consider an abomination? Because He doesn’t use that word that often so it must be those things that particularly irk Him. What are they in your opinion, which hopefully jives with Scripture.f

  15. ignore that little typo…it was part of a footnote that I left out of a scripture verse I was going to use.

  16. It’s late again. Nicholas we’ll have to pick it up tomorrow some time. I’ve listened to almost half of the recording and he’d just finished answering your question.

    I was surprised to hear that they think Protestants believe in earning salvation by “works” as opposed to the finished work of Christ. I think maybe they’re confusing “doing good works” with the former.

    Talk to you tomorrow.

  17. Greg,

    You wrote:
    “Feel free to respond to me but I am ready to move on to new issues and probably won’t check back here.”

    When the going gets tough, the intellectually dishonest run and hide.

    I am glad that you are consistent in avoiding the intricacies of this argument. I am glad that you are going to run and hide when the argumentation gets down to the sticky points of the issue. It proves your inability to deal with the facts.

    I am glad that you can feel frustration of having someone not answer questions. You do it all the time. You post, but you do not actually answer a lot of the time. You evade and you appeal to unknown experts that are supposedly the “best bible scholars” but you produce no footnotes or even book titles or authors names.

    I have not refrained from answering your question on purpose. There have been more pressing issues. What I am and where I go are nothing compared your failure to deal with Scripture in an intellectually or spiritually honest manner.

    So for the record…I am just me. I am part of a loose group of believers that actually accept the whole Bible as their rule of faith and practice…not making excuses or thinking that the law of YHWH has been changed or is no longer authoritative. We have no name. We are scattered all over the earth. We keep the faith of Y’shua and keep the commandments of YHWH. We have the Father’s name written in our foreheads. We refuse to take the mark of the beast. We meet in various locations to celebrate the feasts and Sabbaths of YHWH instead of participating in man-made replacements.

    So that is about as best that I can answer. I guess there is no equal sided box that you can put me in. Sorry to disappoint you, but we are much like the very early church…except we wear blue jeans…the men that is, at least some of the time. The women wear head coverings and dresses…most of the time…not because their husbands make them, but because they try to please YHWH in even the small things. The men wear zitzits…tassels and most have beards…some have long ones. The children wear diapers when they are very young. We are just real people that stand on every word of YHWH.

    Some of us even vote. Some of us do not. Some of us grow their hair longer than others. Some of us got to doctors. Almost all of us home school our children. Some of us have degrees. Some of us do not. Most of us do not watch TV…at least not much.

    But none of us think that homosex is anything but abomination. And none of us think that abortion is not murder. And most of us have come out of the Babylonian church system. We think that the Bible should dictate to culture and not culture to the our interpretation of the Bible. John the Baptist would probably like us for the most part.

    I have jokingly said that we are Pajamists. (Penticostal-Jewish-Amish.) Others have proclaimed us to be Jewpentites. (Jewish-penticostal-menonites.) We are early churchers, but we usually meet late in the afternoon. We are every worders…as much as we know how to be. Like Abraham, we look for a city whose builder and maker is YHWH. We are strangers and foreigners to this world but not to the covenants of promise.

    But you will not likely come back to read this…or at least you will not admit that you have or respond to the pertinent points that have been brought up concerning your anti-Bilical views.

    I hope you have not had to wait too long to get this terribly important information about what group I belong to. I belong to Messiah. He purchased me with His own blood. That is about it. Hopefully you were not disappointed.

  18. Greg, You never answered me either. What part of the country are you from, and are you interested in attending a D.B. meeting?

  19. Greg, and one more what about starting the book hyper grace ? Do you want to review that book on here?

  20. The reason I asked if a man is for or against Christ when he is so much for the gay agenda, is because the one is so contrary to the other.

    If a man is so much for the thinking of today’s homosexual activists, how can he sincerely be in the faith of Christ?

    It makes no sense to me. The things they say I don’t understand. They are a barbarian to me and me to them it seems.

    So how could both of us have our citizenship in heaven?

  21. ADMINISTRATOR,

    This web page is unavailable:

    Updates on Anti-Semitism, Insights from the Hebrew Bible, and News from Israel
    May 15, 2014 | 3 Comments

    I’ve tried half a dozen times to get to it but every time it says it’s unavailable.

  22. To Van

    There is no evidence that God created the world as written in the Bible, and there is no evidence for the position that it could have come about spontaneously through the blind forces of nature. In such a situation, the choice of which type of world one chooses to accept is a matter that rests entirely on belief.

  23. Hi Nicholas,

    I listened to the broadcast and couldn’t find anything to disagree with at first. What I will have to disagree with and discuss in a bit is that there is no Scriptural basis for believing there may be a third temple. The way I read the prophets and reason out the millennial reign of Christ, He will rule the world from His House in Jerusalem, therefore there will be a temple. But I’ll save that for another post.

    I did hear them chuckle over their belief that Protestants “work” for their salvation while Catholics rest in theirs, something to that effect. We’ll have to talk about that another time too as it’s usually the Jewish roots movement and the Mormons who believe in the doctrine of works. Concerning the spiritual, metaphorical temple I think we all know the verses that would support that way of interpreting things. I want to still insert some of the verses for those not familiar with Scripture that may be reading this at some point. Who knows but that even one might consider looking into it further.

    I heard the broadcaster and Mr. Gray agree that “the Holy of Holies symbolizes Heaven itself” and I think the majority of Christians who study Scripture believe the same. The point being that the way into the Holy of Holies, which was where the Mercy Seat was located, in times past was unapproachable except once a year by the High Priest on the Day of Atonement. That the entire congregation was situated outside of it was made clear in the NT when the veil was torn from top to bottom at the time of Christ’s death. The Way, being only through Messiah, was not previously made known to us by what means all of us might enter the Holy of Holies and approach unto God. The High Priest was symbolic of our only eternal High Priest, Messiah, Jesus. The sacrificial system was made to point us to His perfect sacrifice made for the forgiveness of our sins. The tabernacle and later the temple was modeled after those heavenly things, those spiritual truths that transcend our material existence. Why then, don’t be offended, do we need a Vicar on earth now that we have our Heavenly High Priest making intercession for us? That seems contrary to the entire plan of salvation as was outlined by the type. The anti-type has already been fulfilled in Christ. We should look at Hebrews 6-10 for an elaboration of that. I may have missed editing out the little letters for some footnotes so just ignore what might look like a foreign word if I missed some.

    The Lord spoke of the Spiritual temple here: Mat 26:61 And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days. John 2:18 So the Jews said to him, “What sign do you show us for doing these things?” 19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20 The Jews then said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple,[c] and will you raise it up in three days?” 21 But he was speaking about the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

    Hebrews 8-11 gives a great outline of the work of Jesus in light of the Temple rituals and types.

    I’m going to post the Scripture in the following section for those that would like to read it. Otherwise just skip to the next post.

  24. Jesus, High Priest of a Better Covenant

    Hebrews 8:1 Now the point in what we are saying is this: we have such a high priest, one who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 a minister in the holy places, in the true tent that the Lord set up, not man. 3 For every high priest is appointed to offer gifts and sacrifices; thus it is necessary for this priest also to have something to offer. 4 Now if he were on earth, he would not be a priest at all, since there are priests who offer gifts according to the law. 5 They serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things. For when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by God, saying, “See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain.” 6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted n better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.
    8 For he finds fault with them when he says:

    “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
    when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,
    9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt.
    For they did not continue in my covenant,
    and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
    10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God,and they shall be my people.
    11 And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
    12 For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”

    13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

    Redemption Through the Blood of Christ

    9:11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come, 5 then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) 12 he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit proffered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works uto serve the living God.
    15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.[h] 16 For where a will is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established. 17 For a will takes effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive. 18 Therefore not even the first covenant was inaugurated without blood. 19 For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, 20 saying, “This is the blood of the covenant that God commanded for you.” 21 And in the same way he sprinkled with the blood both the tent and all the vessels used in worship. 22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.
    23 Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. 25 Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, 26 for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

    Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All

    Hebrews chapter 10:1-18 For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins? 3 But in these sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 5 Consequently, when Christ[a] came into the world, he said,

    “Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
    but a body have you prepared for me;
    6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings
    you have taken no pleasure.
    7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come to do your will, O God,
    as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.’”

    8 When he said above, “You have neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings” (these are offered according to the law), 9 then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second. 10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. 15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,
    16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,”
    17 then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”
    18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

    The Full Assurance of Faith

    19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

  25. In reading from the book of Hebrews, do you see why Protestants are opposed to the office of the Pope as Vicariously Christ on earth? No offense, but according to the New Testament doctrine that Paul works so hard to clearly lay out for us, we are now free to approach God, the Father and Son, of our own accord without a human mediator and that each of us can “Know God” through the teaching and guidance of the Holy Spirit in illuminating the Word of God which testifies to Messiah. I do believe we need teachers and pastors and those more knowledgeable to guide us as well but I just don’t see where anyone was given permission to represent or usurp Christ’s authority on earth even while He’s in Heaven, as all things are held together by His power and He is present together with the Father through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit witnesses and testifies to us concerning Christ and is in each believer on an individual basis and here for Christ corporately. Also, in the example of the last supper, I believe the Eucharist is not necessarily a perpetual rite to be performed repeatedly but that once would be sufficient for those who have accepted Christ. I celebrate it on Passover every year and that would be the time of year to celebrate the Eucharist and remember the sacrifice made for our sins.

    One of the very hardest sayings in the Bible for me was when Jesus proclaimed that we needed to eat His flesh and drink His blood and it still gets under a lot of people’s skin these days especially in the new age of militant atheists. They make great fun of it too. But considering the preamble to those statements He made concerning the metaphorical truth of it it can be more easily understood. As the Bread of Life He tells us that His body is that Bread which is “broken” for us and that His Blood is that shed for the remission of our sins. He is also the Lamb of God, slain for us, therefore He is seen in the Passover as being eaten with nothing left over until the morning. His Blood was that swiped on the lentel and door posts of the Israelites houses which is now covering the doorposts of our hearts, those of believers. That we will be spared just as they were when He comes to Judge the earth is because we have partaken of His Body and His Blood just as He foretold in the type of the first Passover. Seeing as the Lord’s Supper was not yet come to pass we can’t be made to understand it as the taking of a sacrament when it’s meant metaphorically and with a spiritual application. The Jewish leaders were taken aback, even confounded by it and didn’t see the higher meaning in His words.

    I believe it also signifies the incarnation of God, the Son, who only can die that we may live, it was always and only God alone who could save us. “Apart from Him there is no Saviour.” No other divine plan of salvation would bring about the fulness of reparation needed to bring us back to God to dwell in His Presence once more. He paid the ransom of death that men were cursed with. He took the collective blows that should have landed on each of us separately. It was His body that was broken, crucified, dead and buried that we may live again through Him. The Passover meal and the words of Messiah need not be taken any other way than what He says, “This do in ‘remembrance’ of Me.” There is no transubstantiation that I can see when reading it or listening to His discourse. When the Lord said, “Do this in remembrance of me” I think He was referring to the Feast of Passover being remembered in light of His death. That all the Feast Days are prophetic and point to the work of Messiah in one way or another should be obvious and I’m saddened that Christians have separated themselves from them. I think it’s a great teaching tool too, to help others understand the First Testament and how it’s reflected in the New. There are prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

    I am working on those verses and chapters which imply a literal temple because the topic really does need clarification in my mind and prophecy greatly interests me. I’ll try to have it ready in the next day but don’t want to promise for sure. We can branch off though, wherever we choose. (of course)

    The radio guest mentions the word, schism, and it’s implication in the verse where the heavens were ripped open and the Holy Spirit decended. I’d never noticed that before.

    The guest also mentioned the twelve signs of the Zodiac (at about 16:30) as being woven on the Temple Veil. I find that really interesting as it ties into those verses in both Psalm 19 and Romans 10 concerning the signs in the heavens declaring the work of God through Messiah. I didn’t realize the very Zodiac signs were woven on the veil right in front of their faces the whole time. Paul was really one sharp student of Scripture! He certainly never failed to make the connection between those spiritual things reflected in the material, or of those things of both Heaven and Earth. I imagine some of it was given to him when he was caught up to the third heaven.

    Rom 10:14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

    18 But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for
    “Their voice has gone out to all the earth,
    and their words to the ends of the world.”
    19 But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says,
    “I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation;
    with a foolish nation I will make you angry.”
    20 Then Isaiah is so bold as to say,
    “I have been found by those who did not seek me;
    I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.”
    21 But of Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.”

    Why is Paul quoting Psalm 19 and what does that have to do with people, especially Israel, understanding the Gospel? If you’ve never watched “The Star of Bethlehem” by Rick Larson, let me suggest you do. While the fellow comes to a certain set of conclusions that I can’t personally verify, it’s the most facinating documentary I’ve seen in a long time. Other than the Shroud of Turin that is! Another Dr. of Religious Studies, Dr. Michael Heiser, has demonstrated a very short video on Youtube using the same, or similar program of the positions of the stars during history, that he’s run backwards to show the birth of Christ and when it occurred. Here’s the link:

    And you have to watch the bonus portion of The Star of Bethlehem concerning the Ram at the time of Christ’s death. It’ll give you goosebumps!

    Psalm 19

    1 The heavens declare the glory of God,
    and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
    2 Day to day pours out speech,
    and night to night reveals knowledge.
    3 There is no speech, nor are there words,
    whose voice is not heard.
    4 Their voice goes out through all the earth,
    and their words to the end of the world.
    In them he has set a tent for the sun,
    5 which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber,
    and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy.
    6 Its rising is from the end of the heavens,
    and its circuit to the end of them,
    and there is nothing hidden from its heat.

    Paul quotes Psalm 19 because the Gospel is written in the stars, in the very fabric of the Universe, God tells the redemptive story of the coming of Messiah. When God called the Universe into existence the time of our Lord’s earthly advent was already in place! That is so typical of Him to do that! Just like Noah’s Ark sitting on top of Ararat and the Shroud of Turin bearing witness to the resurrection, so too, the stars bear witness to our Savior, the Creator and upholder of all things! So amazing it just blows me away sometimes to consider the great cloud of “evidence” He’s left us.

    Check it out for yourself, Van. It’s all there for you to verify or disannul.

    Concerning a literal temple, I suppose we would need to establish whether or not one believes that the millennial rule of Christ is literal or not. I believe it is. What do you believe about that, Nicholas? Then we’ll look at those verses that I believe lend themselves to a literal interpretation as well.

    Psa 100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endures to all generations.

  26. Nicholas,

    I shouldn’t use the word, Eucharist, as we’re not thinking of the same thing. I use, rather, the word, communion to signify the breaking of the matza and the sharing of wine.

  27. Hi Sheila, thank you for your response. I will try to address it in depth later today, when I have more time.

    Regarding the pope, we understand his role to be pastoral. We would not regard him as a mediator between God and man. Through the sacraments and through the ministry of deacons, priests, and bishops, The Church itself functions as a mediator, insofar as God uses her to save mankind. In a certain sense, the Protestant understanding is similar: the great commission applied to the Apostles but also to the body of believers as a whole, and so all Christians have an obligation to preach, teach, and win souls for Christ.

  28. What should the Church do with this verse?

    Heb 13:4
    Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

    Are we to say that marriage here is not clearly defined and so “everything goes”, hence “in all”, thereby including everything, two of the same sex or whatever?

    I say that context here is one man and one woman marriage, otherwise, it wouldn’t be honorable at all. I believe it is clearly implied, so clearly so, that there is no need for it to be explained any further.

    Yet, it seems today there are so many who seem to think any kind of “marriage” is honorable, so much so that they would go along with it as if it’s all the same thing, and many of them think of themselves as Christians.

    And I have to wonder….Have they been on their journey long?….Been traveling this way since the first day they surveyed the cross, I’ll bet….carrying bread and wine for such a long time and all…(see Josh 9)

  29. Sheila, I clicked on your link but didn’t hear the part about the Ram and the crucifixion. Is there another link? Thank you for putting that up.

  30. Ray,

    You’re welcome! The star configuration with the Ram in it is from “The Star of Bethlehem” video/DVD which you can watch on Youtube. It’s not the best quality and I haven’t found one yet with the extra bonus material about the Ram. It’s on the DVD I have at home. I’ll keep looking for one with it. Meantime there’s this version:

    http://youtu.be/wdX6XzyaDzA

  31. Ray,

    Let me say I don’t have any software to verify either video but I would imagine Dr. Heiser has it right only because he took into account the description in Rev. 12 to align everything with Scripture, which he said could only have lined up in an 80 minute window out of 100’s of years between BC and AD. Could Rick Larson be correct in recording His death? Possibly, as we don’t know how old He was when He died. So, maybe take the best of both. I think I recall scholars speculating that Jesus was 30 when He began His ministry. It seems reasonable to me because they explained that in the Jewish tradition one wouldn’t begin teaching until they were 30 years old. Maybe a Jewish person could verify that as I just don’t know for sure.

  32. Hi Sheila,

    I want to try to take this step by step. Bear with me.

    Regarding the Millennial Age, I don’t really think about it too much. The Church teaches that Christ will come on the Day of Judgement, resurrect the dead, to eternal life or eternal condemnation, and set up his kingdom on earth. Some schools of thought within the Church believe that there will be a period of peace prior to the coming of Christ, during which the devil will be chained for a time, as per Revelation. The Church does not have a dogmatic understanding of Millennialism. However, the Church utterly rejects the notion that there will be a literal Third Temple in a literal Jerusalem.

    In point of fact, we hold firmly to the belief that the Church itself is Israel. As such, the Church itself is the true Jerusalem, into which the nations of the world are and will be streaming to worship God. The Third Temple is a spiritual reality, reflected in the Eucharistic sacrifice.

    How does that square with you?

  33. Sheila, I read about the massing of planets and the retrograde motion in Leo, as well as the Rev
    12 wonder in heaven, and how there was an 81 minute period when the moon was under Virgo’s feet, on Sep 11, 3 BC, back in the early 80’s, about how this was Tishri 1, like our New Years celebration, etc, even how some old teaching connected this day to the first day of creation.

    It all seemed to make good sense to me. It is amazing.

    I am going to check out the other link you posted.
    Thank you.

  34. Ray,

    I find it amazing too! God knows we love a good mystery. Think of the fact that we’ve just now after 1000’s of years been able to produce the software to allow us to look back on the stars with such accuracy!

  35. Nicholas,

    Well, for me it’s like trying to put a square peg into a round hole! 😉

    No, actually, I was expecting something like that although I didn’t know how you interpreted the millennium. Well, if you’re up for it then we’ll open up the Scriptures together–you’re not going to get excommunicated or something are you? 🙂 It seems the church you belong to doesn’t give you much reason to think about it really. It seems pretty neatly packaged already.

    I do disagree concerning the Church and Israel. God made a promise to Abraham concerning his biological descendants beginning with Isaac. He promised them a piece of real estate in the Middle East and I don’t see where He’s reneged on it. There is a remnant that remains in unbelief still “‘until’ the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.” I think we’re getting close to full.

    HNV Romans 11:25 “For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, (lest ye should be wise in your own conceits) that blindness in part has happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles shall be come in.”

    Romans 11 explains God’s position concerning natural Israel as opposed to Spiritual Israel. The remnant He chooses will one day be a part of the One New Man.

    The Mystery of Israel’s Salvation

    25 Lest you be wise in your own conceit, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers:[d] a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

    “The Deliverer will come from Zion,
    he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
    27 “and this will be my covenant with them
    when I take away their sins.”

    28 As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now[e] receive mercy. 32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

    33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

    34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord,
    or who has been his counselor?”
    35 “Or who has given a gift to him
    that he might be repaid?”
    36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

    Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”

    There’s many verses and ideas to discuss if you’re up to it. Don’t let me bore you though because I could talk about it until the cows come home!

  36. Sheila,

    “Well, for me it’s like trying to put a square peg into a round hole!”

    I thought it might be. 🙂

    It’s true, for the Catholic, he doesn’t have much leeway for his own ideas. We let the Church do the thinking for us.

    I bring up the Catholic view that the church itself is Israel because I think that this is becoming the underlying issue. I am troubled that some Evangelicals tend to interpret everything in scripture through the hermeneutic of the events of 1948. If the modern nation-state in some way represents God’s design, then a literal Third Temple is possible, if not probable, complete with new animal sacrifices. But Christ died on the cross. Therefore, the Levitical system has been abolished. It is null and void. Forever. Bulls and such, animals being led up to the slaughter, this could never “point back” to the perfect and pure offering of the body of the Lord Jesus. His sacrifice does away with animal offerings, which never really accomplished anything anyway. But the Eucharist, the memorial meal, this clearly “points back.” This was the intention of Christ in the first place, to establish a lasting memorial of his suffering and death. Ezekiel and Malachi speak of sacrifices, a sacrificial system, ostensibly one which exists apart from the sacrifice of the Messiah. We have to harmonize these concepts. The only conclusion is that the system predicted by the prophets is a system not apart from the atoning death of Christ but actually based upon it, flowing from it. The Temple must be here already. We believe that the Temple of sacrifice is the Church, which, as Hebrews tells us, has an altar (Hebrews, 13:10).

    I do not doubt that Paul is teaching that the Jews will be saved, en masse, or at least in some measure, even as there will be a party of Jews who will not accept Christ (the Synagogue of Satan, as per Revelation), but I do not believe that he identifies any future restoration of the ethnic nation.

  37. Nicholas,

    You wrote:
    ” But Christ died on the cross. Therefore, the Levitical system has been abolished. It is null and void. Forever.”

    Why then did Paul participate in temple offerings many years after Messiah’s death? Why did James and the apostles ask him to do so to prove that he continued to keep the law?

    Acts 21
    23 ‘This, therefore, do that we say to thee: We have four men having a vow on themselves,
    24 these having taken, be purified with them, and be at expence with them, that they may shave the head, and all may know that the things of which they have been instructed concerning thee are nothing, but thou dost walk—thyself also—the law keeping.

    Ro 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

    Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

    So it is not null and void and it only vanished due to the destruction of the temple. (This also happened when Israel was take captive to Babylon.) It has not been abolished…just temporarily suspended. Those sacrifices never took away sin and therefore are not in opposition to or in competition with Messiah’s sacrifice. They can point back if YHWH chooses for them to point back or they can simply display truth to unregenerate people or they can be reminders to us.

    Hebrews 13
    10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.
    11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
    12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
    13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
    14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

    The altar that we have is in the heavens, not on earth. Hebrews is very thorough about contrasting the earthly tabernacle with the heavenly one. Hebrews 13:10 is speaking metaphorically…else we are not allowed to stay in the camp. Are we physically camping too?

    Shalom

  38. Nicholas,

    You wrote:
    “but I do not believe that he identifies any future restoration of the ethnic nation.”

    Acts 1
    6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
    7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

    The apostles thought that there would be a restoration of the kingdom to Israel and Messiah only said that it was not for them to know the timing of it. He did not say that it was not to be.

    Shalom

  39. Hi Bo,

    When Christ died, the Old Law was completed, fulfilled and abolished. The Old Covenant does not exist anymore. I think this is Christianity 101.

    There was a grace period, however, and I think we might call it just that, during which Paul participated in the Old rituals. The Apostles also met in and around the Temple, preached there, etc. It was still the center of Jewish life and community. Hebrews says, as you quoted, “Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.” (Thanks for using the King James, by the way, always a classy choice :).) The system of the Old Law was fading away. The destruction of the Temple was the nail on the coffin. But the Temple veil was rent at the death of Christ. At that moment, the presence of God ceased to reside in the Temple. The Holy Spirit would then come upon believers. After Calvary, God no longer recognized the Levitical cult. To expect its return is utter heresy, pure and simple. I mean no offense, of course, but I must be perfectly honest.

    Explain to me, what is the altar in Heaven exactly?

    Regarding the future restoration of ethnic Israel, the New Testament makes no reference to such an event, and the words of Christ which you cited do not indicate explicitly that we should expect any such thing. To be fair, it’s really open-ended.

  40. Nicholas,

    Thought I’d jump in here quickly. In Acts, the disciples ask the Lord that very question. Here is His answer:

    Act 1:6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”

    Act 1:7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.

    Act 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me [fn] in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

    As the prophets have spoken of the Messiah’s rule from Jerusalem when He comes to judge the nations, will be from the heart of Israel–Jerusalem. Notice He doesn’t say, “You guys are nuts–aint gonna happen!” No. He says it’s not for them to know when.

  41. Nicholas,

    I’m slowly working on the prophecies that I think speak to that. They have not been fulfilled, judging by the language used, to the full yet. I don’t expect any word of God to fail and that’s why I have to believe they’re yet to come. I don’t follow any Famous-writers-of-books in determining that. I studied and mined them for myself.

  42. The language of prophecy is sometimes over the top in hyperbole but once you figure out the genre you’re dealing with it’s easy to break it down into historic events past and those yet future.

    Anyway, that’s what I’ve found to be true.

    I’m working on breaking it down for you into smaller chunks. I’ll be working outside for the next several days and won’t have but short spells checking in and also working on it at home.

  43. Nicholas,

    You wrote:
    “When Christ died, the Old Law was completed, fulfilled and abolished. The Old Covenant does not exist anymore. I think this is Christianity 101.”

    Well Christianity 101 must be taught by someone that does not know the Bible or even the “New Testament.”

    Acts 6
    13 And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:
    14 For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.

    So it is false witnesses that say that Messiah will change the law. Messiah actually said:

    Matthew 7
    17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

    So our position in the kingdom is predicated upon us obeying and teaching others to obey even the least of the commandments in the law. The law cannot end until heaven and earth end and after all the prophecies are fulfilled. There are still many prophecies that have not been fulfilled and we both are on the earth and can still see the sky.

    Paul does not think that the law has been voided or abolished.

    Romans 3
    31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

    Romans 8
    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

    A spiritual man keeps and teaches the law. A carnal man rejects the law. Christianity 101 is the carnal man’s basic course in religion.

    Peter thought that Paul’s writings were hard to understand and that the unstable and ignorant would twist what he said to be against keeping the law.

    2 Peter 3 (ESV)
    11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
    12 waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn!
    13 But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
    14 Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.
    15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
    16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.
    17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.

    So Peter thought that heaven and earth had not passed away either and that we should live careful lives…the opposite of lawlessness.

    John was the most vocal about YHWH’s law.

    1 John 3
    2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
    3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
    4 ¶ Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

    Sin is the transgression of the law and he who continues to sin (transgress the law) is not righteous. He is of the devil. If we purify ourselves by knowing and keeping YHWH’s commandments, we prove that we have the hope of being like Messiah and seeing Him as He is. If we think that the law is abolished, we surely fail in many areas of purity/cleanness/holiness. Our carnal minds just can’t accept this. But if we are spiritual and really love YHWH…

    1 John 5
    2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
    3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

    If YHWH’s law has truly been written on our hearts, we will keep them. If Messiah’s love has been poured out into our hearts, we will love the children of YHWH by keeping His commandments. If we find His commandments to be grievous, we can know that we are carnal.

    1 John 2
    3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
    6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

    Do we really know Him? Do we really want to keep YHWH’s commandments? Love is perfected by keeping all of YHWH’s word…not just the newer testimony. Real love keeps YHWH’s commandments. Messiah walked perfectly. He kept all of those “old commandments.” We are supposed to walk in His steps.

    Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

    When we follow Messiah and walk in His steps in those old paths, we find rest.

    Matthew 11
    28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

    2 John 1
    5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
    6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
    7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
    8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

    From the beginning loving one another is the commandment. Love is keeping YHWH’s commandments. This is the commandment that we should walk in like Messiah did. Any other idea is deception and is anti-Messiah. As Messiah promised, we will be rewarded for doing and teaching YHWH’s commandments. We do not want to lose that reward. Speaking of decetion…

    James 1
    22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
    23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
    24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
    25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

    YHWH’s perfect law is to be obeyed and not just read or heard. We deceive ourselves when we relegate the “Old Testament” to good reading instead of revelation to us concerning faith and practice.

    It is just not possible that the apostles taught your version of Christianity 101. I could go on with many more verses from the newer testimony and the older testimony.

    Messiah is the King of Israel and He will sit on the throne of David, ruling for a thousand years. The kingdom of Israel will be restored. Israel will remain forever as a nation before YHWH…as long as day and night continue. During those 1000 years there will be animal sacrifices…not as replacements or insults to Messiah’s sacrifice, but in honor to it…in honor to YHWH’s word that He will not go back on. David, Zadoc, and the apostles, not to mention Moses, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, are still waiting for YHWH to fulfill His word to them.

    Eze 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:

    Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

    Mt 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

    Jeremiah 31
    35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
    36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
    37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

    Israel will be restored. Messiah will sit on the throne of David. The apostles will sit on 12 thrones next to Him. And we will be given positions of honor according to our diligence in keeping and teaching YHWH’s commandments. And the sons of Zadok will minister at the altar.

    Speaking of altars. The one in Hebrews 13:15 does not have bread and wine on it. It has praise and thankfulness as its offerings. Sounds a lot like Revealtion 8:3-4 and 1 Peter 2:4-5. It is the altar of incense that is in the holy place in heaven.

    Shalom

Leave Your Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*