Dr. Brown Interviews Frank Viola on His Latest Book, talks about his latest article ‘5 Truths About Same-Sex Attraction,’ and Shocking Updates about Persecution of Christians in Muslim Countries

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

[Download MP3]

Dr. Brown speaks with author Frank Viola about his latest book, Jesus Now, talks about his latest article ‘5 Truths About Same-Sex Attraction,’ and asks how it is that Americans know more about the Donald Sterling scandal than about the horrific persecution of Christians in other countries. Listen live here 2-4 pm EST, and call into the show at (866) 348 7884 with your questions and comments.

 

Hour 1:

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: Let us look to Jesus fully for everything He is doing in the present tense to deliver us from the power of darkness and bring us fully into the power of God’s light!

 

Hour 2:

Dr. Brown’s Bottom Line: As human beings we’re all in the same boat, created in the image of God, fallen, flawed, and in need of a savior; that’s why Jesus shed His blood for every one of us!

 

SPECIAL OFFER! THIS WEEK ONLY! 
This week, we’re offering two important resources from Dr. Brown, his brand new book, Can You Be Gay and Christian?, and his DVD debate with gay activist (and professing born-again Christian) Harry Knox. You can get both of these key resources for the super low price of just $25! Postage Paid! That’s a $15 savings!
Order Online!

Other Resources:

Dr. Brown Interviews Frank Viola and Dr. Norman Geisler

Romans 9-11, the Election of Israel, Updates on Israel, and Your Jewish Questions

Dr. Brown Talks with Frank Viola About His New Jesus Book and Then Discusses Drunkenness in the House of God

19 Comments
  1. The right way is to go to that person and talk one on one and then if they continue in sin then you take it to the elders of the church and determine what to do.

  2. Even though I may have missed the first part of the example I would think that approach is Biblical no matter what the sin.

  3. What was the name of that message on your website, I think it’s “Aharit” although I’m not sure of the spelling. It was a really powerful message.

  4. Dear Van,

    Debate is a good thing, I appreciate a good debate. Let’s be honest here the problem I have with your positions is not your take on it though I disagree with it, it is the lack of honesty behind it. For example kids debating who is the best football team. Your argument is akin to a kid brashly defending the worse team of all time as a Super bowl team. No rationalizing with this kid, the kid is just being ridiculous. There is a technique to debating, and believe me I would love to see a debate and would have sparks of thought if the debate is authentic. You are that kid that does not take anything in and actually hold it up to the light. You are just going to lack the honesty to have a discourse. This van is why I have to use the name vaIn. Let there be debate! Give me an honest hearing.

  5. Dr Brown,

    I was super-busy yesterday so I didn’t hear the show.

    Did you report on the horrific Christian-on-Muslim violence happening _right now_?

    http://goo.gl/Hszt06

    Or did you only report about Muslim-on-Christian persecution?

    As a victim of persecution by Muslims, myself, of course I think that should be reported. But the reverse happens as well.

    But if we Christians ignore or neglect violence done _by_ Christians to Muslims, I believe we are collisional in it.

    If that level of moral accountability is hard for you to accept, then we should at least be lout-and-clear in our rejection of these people as “Christians.”

    Otherwise, the world will think we support it.

    (Just like how many Christians accuse Muslims of support people and things they don’t loudly denounce.)

  6. jon,

    Do you understand that Van debates pretty much like a typical fundamentalist?

    He is an atheist fundamentalist but he debates like almost every other fundamentalist I know.

    I don’t believe that fundamentalists are intentionally dishonest in their “intellectual dishonestly”.

    It’s just that fundamentalists debate to further an agenda rather than to seek the truth.

  7. Greg,

    You wrote:
    “It’s just that fundamentalists debate to further an agenda rather than to seek the truth.”

    I think you might just be the pot calling the kettle black. Do you really think that you do not have an agenda? Do you really think that you do not use deceitful tactics of not answering questions and exiting the debate before it can be damning to your agenda? Now let me see who posts the Bible verses to show the truth and who is always bringing following culture? Even your tactic above of character assassination is agenda driven. When are you going to honestly answer the questions I asked about Luke chapter one?

    I simplified it for you as much as possible. Just click the link and answer.

    http://www.lineoffireradio.com/2014/05/05/the-amazing-story-of-a-new-bible-translation-the-release-of-dr-browns-latest-book-and-thoughts-on-world-events/#comment-787982

  8. Greg,

    Here is some proof:

    I wrote:
    “…How close to conception was Mary when she was prophesied over by Elisabeth who called her a mother and the child in her womb master?…Do you think that the Bible says that Elisabeth knew by revelation from the Holy Spirit that Mary was pregnant with Y’shua?…Was it by the Holy Spirit that he was filled with while in the womb that John the Baptist knew?

    You wrote:
    “…I can’t answer engage in your “how many angels dance on the head of a pin” questions.”

    The reason you did not answer was not because my questions were frivolous, but because you did not want to admit that the Bible is against your pro-choice agenda. Your argumentation style is not to find out the truth, but to ignore it.

  9. Thanks Stew. I still can’t find the message. I tried doing a search in the box at the top right but all the pages went back to 2010 and said it was no longer available. Is there another place I might find it?

  10. Sheila, that depends on who you ask. =)

    I would hope that all Christians would hold to the fundamentals of the faith (my definition of a fundamentalist). Though I’m sure some would cast it in a negative light, skewing the definition of fundamental, or trying to associate it with certain names.

    But words do have straightforward meanings so I consider a fundamentalist as one who holds to the fundamentals of the faith.

  11. “Debate is a good thing, I appreciate a good debate. Let’s be honest here the problem I have with your positions is not your take on it though I disagree with it, it is the lack of honesty behind it.”

    Jon,
    You’re going to call ME dishonest after the stunt you pulled? If I said anything dishonest then name it and claim it or apologize. I’m honest and everybody knows where I stand.

    Debates may be fun but they settle nothing. What we are arguing about has already been settled by science a long time ago. Even your own Christian colleges and universities have been teaching evolutionary theory for over a century now. When that began that was the end of biblical Christianity. The Bible can no longer be defended as the Word of God. There are the words of backward, superstitious primitives who cut the heads off animals and sprayed blood around to ward off the evil spirits and the wrath of their evil God. This is where your worldview comes from. Have fun with that. Debate away. I’m right here and I will continue to destroy every argument that comes my way. So bring ’em on if you dare.

  12. Here’s truth about same sex attraction you won’t hear Dr. Brown talk about. There are millions of American Christian men cheating on their wives with other men. Probably many who frequent this blog, perhaps even some working with this ministry. Right Fellas? You know who you are and we don’t but we know you’re out there, on the down low. And you’re probably eventually going to get caught just like Ted Haggard and all the conservative politicians who have been busted. You should just be honest and come out of the closet now on your own. It’s going to be a lot easier on you in the long run.

  13. VaIn wrote:
    “I’m right here and I will continue to destroy every argument that comes my way. So bring ‘em on if you dare.”

    Who is arrogant? Who doesn’t answer questions? Who is deceitful?

    VaIn wrote:
    ““…but there’s a clip with Ravi Zacarias in it where he expounds on the reality of moral absolutes…”

    Oh, I absolutely LOVE knocking down this stupid argument. Name something that is always wrong.”

    Sheila responded:
    “Let’s just start with rape, Van. It’s always wrong!”

    And you VaIn, did not show her how rape is not always wrong. You loose once again.

    Who lied? Who is the real quote miner? The following has been posted time after time and Van will still not either back up his assertion and rhetoric or admit his lie.

    Van,

    When are you going to stop dodging and man up and answer the charge that you lied and misrepresented Schweitzer? In case you and others have almost forgotten, here is a gentle reminder of the challenge:

    Why should anyone listen to you when you have been proven wrong and won’t admit it? Why should we listen to a troll?

    “troll
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message…with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.”- http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

    When are you going to answer the charge that you took Scweitzer out of context? Did you do it intentionally or were you duped by someone and then just regurgitate the lie? At least admit that you were wrong, even if you won’t tell us your motive. Don’t dodge or ignore this if you are an honest man. To refresh you memory, here is the challenge:

    Below is one of many examples of Van’s deception technique. He has been asked repeatedly to either admit that he has posted false testimony or to produce verification of his assertion. After being called on the carpet, he conveniently ignores all rebuttals and continues to regurgitate deception mixed with a huge amount of rhetoric, vitriol and insult. He is not to be taken seriously as scholar or a commentator. He is a troll, and nothing more.

    Van wrote:
    “’There is nothing more negative than the result of the critical study of the life of Jesus. The Jesus of Nazareth who came forward publicly as the Messiah, who preached the Kingdom of God, who founded the Kingdom of Heaven upon earth, and died to give his work its final consecration, never had any existence.’ – Albert Scweitzer (1875-1965)

    You just accused Albert Schweitzer of being classless, unqualified, and simple minded. Par for the course for people who have no respect for intelligence and education.

    Many scholars have tried to find evidence from outside the Bible that Jesus really existed. They came up with nothing, absolutely nothing as Dr. Schweitzer said.

    You people have bought into all the lies of religion and then you repeat these lies without any hint of a conscience. Calling me a liar when all I do is speak the truth just shows how backward your evil religion really is.”

    Sheila responded:
    “Well, it’s a classic move by you to rip a quotation out of context. Who is it you’re listening to? It makes no sense for you to drop what you think is a bombshell when all you’ve done now is make yourself look more foolish because you never considered that Google just might have Schweitzer’s book on line.

    Anyone who cares to can read further down the chapter and see that Schweitzer was referring to the historic Jesus as He was portrayed by the modern theological historians of his own time. His thought was that “That” Jesus never existed… His point was that we end up molding Him according to our modern way of thinking categorically. We essentially risk minimizing the astonishing profundity of His teachings.

    This link begins with the quote you gave us and then explains exactly what Schweitzer was getting at. The man made the cross he wanted on his own grave, for Pete’s sake.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=uzRXxvPsylkC&pg=PA478#v=onepage&q&f=false

    To date, Van still ignores the proof of his irrelevancy. He continues to persecute in the only way he as power to do. That power, in this instance, being the grace of Dr. Brown. Be sure to thank YHWH that Van is not in any governmental position where his bigotry and prejudice can do more harm.

    2 Timothy 3
    12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
    13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
    14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
    15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

  14. VaIn wrote:
    ” There are millions of American Christian men cheating on their wives with other men.”

    This is nothing more than Rhetoric and insults and childishness. Please back this up with some facts.

Leave Your Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*